Over mij

Mijn foto
I'm a Dutch weaver, knitter, spinner, lacemaker and love anything that has to do with fiber and yarn. And of course I like to read books, magazines, newspapers.

dinsdag 5 februari 2008

Gebreide en gekloste kant

Deze wol gebruik ik voor het breien van Josephine. het is Clun Forest, getwijnd met een gekochte dunne zijde. Voor Josephine was deze zijde lichtblauw, hier lichtgeel.
I use this wool to knit Josephine. It's Clun Forest, plied with a very thin bought silk. For Josephine this silk was light

blue, here it's yellow.

En hier is voor en rugpand van Josephine, aan een stuk gebreid. Het blauwe effect van de zijde is duidelijk te zien

And here is the body of Josephine, knit as one piece. The effect of the blue silk is clearly visible.



Hier is toch een stukje van mijn kloswerk. Ik vind de kleuren zelf erg mooi.

Well, here's my bobbin lace. I really like the colours.


En tenslotte een foto van mijn 'advanced twill'. Alle probeersels zijn net te zien. Alleen de laatste is enigszins naar mijn zin, hoewel de flotteringen nog steeds (te) lang zijn (naar mijn zin)
And last of all a picture of my woven advanced twill. You can just see everything I tried. I only like the last part, although the floats are still (too) long (in my eyes)

Geen foto van mijn Spring Surprise Shawl, want die heb ik gisteravond uitgehaald. Het garen was toch niet geschikt. Omdat linnen en viscose het hoofdbestanddeel van het garen vormden, zat er helemaal geen rek in. Dat breide heel onplezierig. Dus, hoewel het resultaat best aardig was, toch gingen de naalden eruit! Misschien probeer ik het nog eens, maar dan met wol.
No photo of my SSS, because I frogged it last night. The yarn just didn't feel right. Linen and viscose (?) were the main part of the yarn, and this made it hard to knit (not flexible enough) My hands didn't like knitting with it. So, although the result wasn't bad at all, the needles went out. Perhaps I'll try again one day, but then I'll use wool.Posted by Picasa

1 opmerking:

Leigh zei

All your projects are lovely Annie! Those long floats in the advancing twills are a bother. It seems to take a lot of experimenting to get a draft that doesn't have them. From the photo however, the weave is lovely.