Over mij

Mijn foto
I'm a Dutch weaver, knitter, spinner, lacemaker and love anything that has to do with fiber and yarn. And of course I like to read books, magazines, newspapers.

zaterdag 3 april 2010

F is for...

Fijn! Feest! Fantastisch!

Fun! Feast! Fantastic!

Maar hoe ik ook gezocht heb (en met mij velen uit mijn kennissen- en familiekring): een plaatsnaam met F, dichtbij onze woonplaats,  konden we niet vinden. Ik zal dus mijn Fantasie moeten gebruiken!

But how I've searched (and many of my friends and family looked with me): I couldn't find a place near to where I live with a name beginning with F. I'll have to use my Fantasy!

Ook Finish, oftewel het einde, begint met een F. En er is het een en ander afgekomen de afgelopen tijd. Ik wijdde er al eerder een blogje aan. Nu is mijn Milanese kant af!

But it's also the F of Finished. And I finished quite a few projects lately. Not too long ago I blogged about some finished projects already and now I finished my Milanese lace.
Ook heb ik een Milanese muis gemaakt. Na alle rechte lijnen een goede oefening in hoeken en ronde lijnen.

I've also made a Milanese mouse. A good exercise in corners and round forms after all these straight lines.
De patronen komen in wit toch wat beter uit. Maar ik wilde wel weer eens wat kleur.

The patterns work better in white. But I wanted to have some colour for a change.

Tenslotte toch nog een geografische F: Frankrijk. Volgende week gaan we erheen. Naar de Provence. Hopelijk schijnt daar de zon en is het er lekker warm. Ik zal er vast ook hier over schrijven.

Finally yet a geographic F: France. Next week we'll go there. To the Provence in the south of France. We hope it will be sunny and warm there. No doubt I'll write about it here.
Fijne Paasdagen!

(in English not with F, but still:) Happy Easter!

4 opmerkingen:

Ineke zei

Dit is even rap gegaan met de Milanees zie ik hem nog as dinsdagavond? Of ben je dan al naar het zuiden? Groetjes Ineke

Mary zei

The Milanese lace is gorgeous! Have fun in France. Looking forward to photos!

Amanda zei

Your Milanese lace is fabulous.

stringplay zei

Oh, Annie, your lace is beautiful! I have only ever worked simple Torchon patterns. Have a wonderful trip to France. Look forward to pictures when you return.