Over mij

Mijn foto
I'm a Dutch weaver, knitter, spinner, lacemaker and love anything that has to do with fiber and yarn. And of course I like to read books, magazines, newspapers.

dinsdag 31 maart 2009

Mystery is af

De mystery sokken zijn af. De bovenkant werd met een I-cord afgewerkt, waarbij 4 steken worden opgezet. Deze brei je dan steeds vanaf dezelfde kant en de laatste steek wordt samengebreid met een steek van de bovenkant van de sok. Terugschuiven over de naald en weer 3 steken breien, een steek afhalen, een steek van de sok breien, de afgehaalde steek over de gebreide steek halen, terugschuiven. Net zo lang tot je alle sok-steken hebt gehad.
Op die manier kon ik de sok dus niet aankrijgen: te krap!
Het hele I-cord weer uitgehaald dus. Opnieuw geprobeerd, maar nu met meerderingen bij de toppen en in de dalen van de door het patroon ontstane dalen. En ziedaar: het lukte en bovendien werden die toppen en dalen wat duidelijker zichtbaar. Vond ik eigenlijk ook mooier.


I finished knitting the mystery socks. The top was made by an I-cord, where you cast on 4 new stitches on a double pointed needle. You knit three stitches, slip one, knit one stitch of the sock and pass the slipped stitch over (ssk) Slide the stitches back to the beginning of the needle, knit 3 stitches again, ssk, slip back to the beginning of the needle, etc. until all sock stitches have been cast off.
Well: in this way I couldn't put on the sock: too narrow!
So I frogged the I-cord and started again, but now with increases on the points and in the 'valleys' of the edging, made by the pattern. That was more succesful, these tops and valleys were more visible, which I actually liked better.

Nu passen ze!

They fit now!
Pixie is inmiddels voorzien van een broekje en jasje. Het jasje (gemaakt van handgesponnen merino) is een soort baby surprise jasje, met alleen een naadje bij de schouders.

Pixie has got a decent pair of knickers and a baby-surprise-like jacket, knit of handspun merino. It only has a seam at the shoulders.

Verder brei ik aan mijn Fabeltrui: de rug- en voorpanden zijn bijna af, ik weef verder aan mijn overshot (heel langzaam), mijn kantje is bijna afgeklost (de kantklosschool heeft vakantie) en ik heb een heleboel wol geverfd om te spinnen. Daarvan is nog geen foto. Komt vast later.

For the rest I keep knitting my Fabelsweater: back and fronts are nearly ready, I still weave my overshot (very slowly!), I nearly finished another piece of lace (the summerholidays have begun at the lace school) and yesterday I dyed a lot of wool for spinning. Photos and more about that later, no doubt.





3 opmerkingen:

Amanda zei

Beautiful socks. And I could no longer resist and I've joined SKA even thought its fast coming to an end. Pixie is ever so cute!

Annie zei

Thanks Amanda, and thank you so much for all your reactions! They are appreciated (as all reactions are appreciated! I just don't always find time to answer you all, as I'd love to, but believe me: I enjoy reading your messages.
Yes: SKA is very inspiring, although I don't post there any more: too many mails coming in there. If one has to keep up with all that there would be no time left for knitting etc.!

Marion B. zei

Ik heb gisteren een lange rondbreinaald gekocht om twee sokken met de magic loop te breien. Misschien wel leuk om ze dan op 'jouw' manier af te werken? en veel plezier met spinnen de komende tijd.
Groetjes.