Over mij

Mijn foto
I'm a Dutch weaver, knitter, spinner, lacemaker and love anything that has to do with fiber and yarn. And of course I like to read books, magazines, newspapers.

maandag 19 november 2007

Taal en Op de pennen/Language and On the needles

Het is wel vreemd: maak ik een bericht voor een blog alleen in het Engels. Dat was niet de bedoeling. Ik ga proberen wel het meeste in het Engels te vertalen, maar Nederlands blijft toch mijn moedertaal.
Ik weet nog steeds niet goed, hoe ik foto's in mijn blog krijg. Ik moet trouwens ook eerst foto's maken van al mijn projecten.

De baret is toch wel een stuk beter geworden: net genoeg gekrompen om draagbaar te zijn.

Andere projecten op de breinaalden:
- de Mystery of Chrysopolis sjaal (bijna af)
- de Mystery of the stole (nog een aanwijzing te gaan)
- Mystic waters (de toeren worden nu wel heeeeeel lang, maar er komen nog een paar aanwijzingen)
- een vest/trui van handgesponnen wol met zijde, naar een patroon van Jean Moss. Daarmee ben ik vorige week begonnen, in de vier uur durende treinreis naar Middelburg en terug. De sjaals waren al te groot om mee te nemen. Maar voor ik hieraan verder mag breien, moeten eerst de sjaals af.

It's strange: the message I made yesterday to begin my blog was just in English! Although I intend to translate most of what I write into English, Dutch is my native language and I'll write in Dutch.
I still don't know how to add photos to my blog, but I have to take a few new ones of all my ongoing projects first.

The beret is not too bad after all: it has shrunk just enough to be wearable.

On my needles are the shawls you can read in the Dutch part of this message. All KALs and I love them all, although the mystery of the stole is my favorite.
Also on the needles: a sweater of handspun wool/silk after a pattern by Jean Moss. I started that on a long trainride last week, when the shawls were too big to take. But before I continue knitting this I must finish the shawls first.

Geen opmerkingen: