Over mij

Mijn foto
I'm a Dutch weaver, knitter, spinner, lacemaker and love anything that has to do with fiber and yarn. And of course I like to read books, magazines, newspapers.

donderdag 28 januari 2010

Windsbraut Spitzbergen is af

Deze week heb ik al veel te veel en te lang achter de computer doorgebracht, maar ik moet toch even melden, dat mijn sjaal, Windsbraut Spitzbergen (ontwerp van Monika Eckert, oftewel Klabouter) af is. Hier ligt hij nat en opgespannen te zijn. Die puzzelblokken zijn daar wel heel goed geschikt voor. Je ziet alleen die kleuren door de sjaal heen.

This week I spent far too long at the computer, but I have to show here my Windsbraut Spitzbergen (design of Monika Eckert, aka Klabouter) Here it's wet and being blocked. Those puzzleblocks are great for blocking. You just see those colours through the shawl.

Daarom nog een foto, nu na het opspannen. Het blijft moeilijk zo'n grote sjaal duidelijk te fotograferen, maar het patroon is zo mooi!

Therefore another picture, after blocking this time. It's always very hard to take pictures of these big shawls, but the pattern is so pretty!

En dat allemaal van een 'restje' handgesponnen gemeleerde merino (met een effen rand) waarvan ik ook al een vest gebreid heb. Het was ook wel een heel grote bol vezels om te spinnen. Maar nu is het helemaal op. Het donkerblauw maak ik op in een weefsel.

And all that made of 'leftovers' of a cardi I knit of this blended merino (different colours). Because I didn't have enough I had to knit the border with the dark blue, which is one of the plies in the blend. The blended was quite a bunch of fiber, but it's all gone now. The dark blue will be finished in weaving.

5 opmerkingen:

Amanda zei

Great shawl Annie! You've done a lovely job on that one.

Marion B. zei

Inderdaad, zoals Amanda ook zegt, geweldige sjaal Annie.
En dan van zelfgesponnen garen. Ik zie hem graag een keer in het 'echie'. En er dan even voorzichtig aanzitten natuurlijk.

Sharon zei

The shawl is lovely and I'm really excited to see what you were blocking it on. I used to be able to find sweater driers but no more and my last one broke. Childrens play tiles - perfect idea!

Life Looms Large zei

The shawl is beautiful! Congratulations on such a great finished object!!

Great idea to block on those tiles!!

Sue

Annie zei

Sharon: the tiles, used for blocking was something I found on the internet. Isn't the Net great?
Thank you all for your praise on my shawl: in reality ist's even better than in the picture - all the praise should go to the designer: Monika Eckert.