Al voor we naar Frankrijk gingen, schreef ik, dat er het een en ander af was, maar dat ik daar later, met foto's, op terug zou komen. Het heeft even geduurd, want eigenlijk wilde ik betere foto's maken, dan degene die ik had, maar dat heb ik tot nu toe niet gedaan en ik wil niet langer wachten.
Before we went to France I wrote, that I'd finished a few projects, but that I'd write about it later and show the pictures. It took a while, though, because I wanted to take better photos, but until now I didn't and I don't want to wait any longer.
De meeste van deze projecten waren, om het zacht uit te drukken, nogal tijdrovend. De moeite waard om hier dus nu getoond te worden.
Most of these projects were, to put it mildly, rather timeconsuming. Worth to be shown here.
The lace vest is done. Here is the back...
...and here's the front. It's taken two summers, but at least it looks nice now. I'm pleased with the result. While I was working at it I'd hardly an idea what the endresult would be.
Now I'm continuing the lessons in Flanders lace at the lacemaking school. It was hard after doing so much lace all summer. This technique is so different! This is my first practice piece of the season.
On the last day of this summer when we needed a sunshade I took pictures of my Back to the Garden shawl, a Bad Cat design, and KAL on Ravelry.
Knitting it was fun
Het garen is afkomstig uit Estland, merk Evilla. Het heeft een enorme looplengte, dus ik had er minder van nodig dan verwacht en heb nog genoeg over, om er nog een sjaal van te maken.
Het grote aantal kralen is op de foto's nauwelijks te zien.
Making good photos of it was clearly a bit harder. In any case the shawl is back in our garden!
The yarn I used is from Estonia, a firm named Evilla. The length was enormous, there seemed to be no end to the skein, so that I've have enough left for another shawl. You can hardly see the great number of beads in the pictures.
The baby alpaca fleece has been spun as well. Another project that seemed never-ending. I didn't weigh the raw fleece. The owner of Alexandra, the alpaca, told me it was about a kilo. I ended up with 810 grams of clean wool, 4250 meters of plied yarn.
Some time ago I dyed in the oven, using easter egg dyes. Most colours I span right away, but for some unclear reason three were left unspun. I took them to France with me and span them there. Back home I made a three-ply of it, with this result. When one of the colours ran out I plied the other two with themselves. These are the little skeins on the top of the picture.
Uiteindelijk waren er ondanks alles twee sokken af. Ze stonden een poosje in mijn beeld, zoals ik meestal doe met dingen, waarover ik twijfels heb.
De sokken zullen, zoals de Belgen dat uitdrukken, 'gerecycleerd' worden. Zeg maar uitgehaald. Ik zou ze waarschijnlijk toch nooit aantrekken.
Finally the September mystery socks. They also went to France with me, to be knit. I didn't like the pattern from the start. The socks seemed to be too big. Or perhaps not. Or probably they would be. They did look nice. They didn't please me.
In the end two socks were done. I put them in front of the place, where I usually sit, so that I could look at them now and then, which I often do, when I have doubts about a project.
The socks will probably will be 'recycled'. Call it ripped. Or frogged. I don't think I'd ever wear them.
Geweven heb ik ook en ik ben inmiddels al weer aardig gevorderd met een aantal nieuwe breiprojecten. Er moet nog iets voor een volgend blogje overblijven, dus daarover later meer.
I have woven, too, and by now I have done a lot of knitting on new projects. There has to be something left to write a blog about a next time, so more about these later.