Omdat de eieren te goed verstopt waren, gebruikten we afgelopen woensdagmiddag de paaseierenverf om wol een kleurtje te geven.
Because the eggs had been hidden too well we used the easter egg dye to dye wol last Wednesdayafternoon.
Dye and gutter were waiting when everybody came in. All were watching when I demonstrated what they had to do.
Huishoudplastic wordt met knijpers aan de dakgoot vastgezet.
Although I told very often how easy this way of dyeing is and how much fun it is, most had not yet dared to start.
With pegs the plastic is attached to the gutter
The dye is applied with little sponges
A frend of mine from America had brought me dye in the shape of Easter bunnies. They soon disappeared in the boiling water.
The steamer was waiting as well. Here the first three products are in it.
Work in progress
A little more colour
The following day Hilje sent me her result, rinsed and dried.
The steamer was filled with two layers of rolled and dyed fiber.
Simone showed her wool on Facebook
The following day I dyed some leftover wool and two silk hankies with a few dye tablets that hadn't been used (blue, orange and yellow) I started spinning the wool on my spindle and pulled out a roving of one of the silk layers.
Tenslotte wil ik Ella hartelijk bedanken: zij maakte de meeste foto's.
Finally I want to thak Ella for taking most of the pictures.