Over mij

Mijn foto
I'm a Dutch weaver, knitter, spinner, lacemaker and love anything that has to do with fiber and yarn. And of course I like to read books, magazines, newspapers.

vrijdag 23 november 2007

Bonte wol/dyed wool

De wol op de foto is op de vuile vacht geverfde Clun Forest wol. Gebruikte verf: Landscape Sandstone, Clematis en Waratah. Na het kaarden spin ik hiervan een dunne draad en twijn die met een superdunne lichtblauwe zijde van Bart en Francis uit België.
Het garen ga ik gebruiken voor mijn Jean Moss trui. Nu maar hopen, dat ik genoeg zijde heb! Even doorspinnen, dus.

De Secret of Chrysopolis-sjaal is af, maar moet nog afgewerkt en opgespannen worden. De Secret of the stole-sjaal nadert ook zijn voltooiing.

The wool in the picture is space dyed Clun Forest wool. Dyed with Landscape Sandstone, Clematis and Waratah. After carding I spin a thin singles, and ply with a very thin light blue silk, bought from Bart and Francis in Belgium.
I'll use the yarn to knit my Jean Moss sweater. Now I just hope there will be enough of the silk! So I'll have to spin on.

I've finished the Secret of Chtysopolis shawl. It just has to be blocked and the threads have to be woven in. The Sec ret of the Stole is nearly ready as well.

Geen opmerkingen: